Six compelling reasons for Bandwidth Management provided by PORTRockIT
1. Normal time to transfer a file = 20 minutes. With Bandwidth Management = 40 seconds
2. Backup to a tape library in New York from a backup target in London
3. Replicate NAS Storage or Databases to meet business critical SLAs
4. Reduce spending on redundant replicated storage
5. Remote offices, ships, rigs, outposts on thin network connections can have centralised backups
6. Utilise 98% of your available WAN bandwidth (most organisations use an average of 20%)
Move massive amounts of data across the WAN at the speed of light! Overcome latency, reduce backup windows, improve RPO or just reduce the cost of network links.
Bridgeworks have taken a completely different approach to solving the latency issue – something that cripples long (and even short-distance) replication activity - by discarding techniques that optimise the data before transmission, which usually means expensive hardware, no support for compressed or encrypted data and a large amount of tuning and hand-holding needed to maintain any kind of effective throughout.